We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our website. Should we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use or store your personal information, we shall provide prior notice on our Site, or by email.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information from you, which may include non-public personal information:
- Information that you provide us with in the course of using the Service, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit card number, date of birth and social security number.
- Information that you provide us with in the course of your participation in various partner promotional programs.
- To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party personal information from you such as your recipient’s full name, physical address, email address, and phone number.
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how and who you use the Service to send money or pay bills to;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies;
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service.
We may also use “cookies” to track the usage you give to this website. A cookie is a small data file that we may place on your computer to identify you when you return to the website. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser allows you to, but doing so may interfere when you use this Service. The information we store in the cookie is not PII but a number that we generate and could not be used to lookup a user’s PII without the proprietary BlueKite system.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions
- To verify your identity
- To collect on payment when you use the Service
- To allow our partners to fulfill their promotional obligations to you
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those relating to “know-your-customer”, and anti-money laundering requirements.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact customer service. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We do not sell or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, personal information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with BlueKite that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing.
- Third-parties that we partner up with to offer additional products and services, such as long-distance telephone minutes, gift cards or loyalty points, but only when you elect to participate, and/or to receive information about those additional products and services.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only
- in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact customer service. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, modify or update your personal information submitted on our Site by logging into your account and changing your preferences.
We employ industry accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our Site. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted on our Site. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access their information on our Site. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CHOICES YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
- If, after giving us your permission to share your personal information with third parties who we market our jointly offered products with, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you may contact us by email; fax at 305-400-0817; or by mail at BlueKite, attn: Customer Service, 3250 NE 1st Avenue, Suite 915, Miami FL 33137, USA.
- You may also opt-out from promotional emails to you by accessing your E-mail Preferences & selecting the “Unsubscribe” function present in each email we send out.
If you have a complaint, first contact BlueKite Customer Service at 1-855-808-KITE. If you are a Texas resident and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding BlueKite’s bill-payment or money transmission activity, please direct your complaint to: Texas Department of Banking: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard; Austin, Texas 78705; 1-877-276-5554 (toll free); www.dob.texas.gov or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site contains links to other web sites. BlueKite is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at: BlueKite, attn: Customer Service, 3250 NE 1st Avenue, Suite 915, Miami FL 33137, USA.